Minnie Mouse Newborn Crochet Shoes
I think I am on a booties making phase lol I just love making these! It could be because I am expecting and I can't wait to find out what I have so I am creating all these options for my little one!
Of course, as I mentioned on my previous post, the actual booties/ shoe pattern doesn't belong to me or is something that I created....here is the link! Link to booties pattern: http://www.repeatcrafterme.com/2013/05/crochet-newborn-baby-booties-pattern.html. Repeat Crafter me by no means asked me to post these, it's something I am doing on my own! All the credit to her though, she is awesome!
To make the shoes as pictured above, follow these instructions below!
You will need:
- US H/ 5.00 MM hook
- (1) Skein of I love this Yarn in Black
- (1) Skein of I Love this Yarn in Red
- Yarn needle for weaving.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks.
For the booties/ shoes - Use Red Yarn:
- End at Row 8.
- Row 9: Ch 1, SC into the same st, and into every st around,. Fasten off and weave in the end. (19 SC)
Head - Make 2:
- Row 1: In MR make 5 SC, tighten circle, and sl st to 1st SC to join. (5 SC)
- Row 2: Ch 1, make 2 SC into the same st as join, and into every st around, (10 SC)
- Row 3: Ch 1, make 2 SC into the same st as join, make 1 SC into the following st, *Make 2 SC into the next st, make 1 SC into the following st*, sl st to 1st SC to join, fasten off and weave in the end. (15 SC)
Ears - Make 4 - Attach both ears to the head by separating the ears by two sts:
- Row 1: In MR make 6 SC, tighten circle, and sl st to first SC to join. (6 SC)
- Row 2: Ch 1, Make 2 SC in same st as join, make 1 SC into the following st, *Make 2 SC into the next st, make 1 SC into the following st*, sl st into the 1st st to join, fasten off. (9 SC)
Bow - Make 2 - Use Red Yarn:
- Left side of bow: Chain 3, make 2 DC into the third chain from hook, sl st into the same st, do not fasten off, and proceed to make the right side of bow.
- Right side of bow: Chain 3, make 2 DC into the third chain from hook, sl st into the third chain from hook, fasten off leaving a 6" tail.
- Completing the bow: Wrap the tail around the center of the bow tightly 6 times, weave in the tail. Now using the hot glue gun or sewing method, affix the bow onto the side of the ear.
Hot glue gun the head by making a glue ring on the back of the head and affixing the head in the middle underneath the middle two sts of the front of the shoe.
Once the head is glued to the center of the front, add a dot of hot glue to the middle of one ear, and stick the ear where it naturally falls on the side of the shoe; do this for the other side as well.
Now that the ears are affixed to the shoe we can now add the bow. Add a dot of glue to the middle of the back part of the bow and attach this in between the ears. Now add a dot of glue on the back of the wing of the bow and glue it where it naturally falls to the side of the middle; repeat on other side.
Now you have completed making the Minnie Mouse Crochet Newborn Shoe! Let me know if you have any question! Enjoy your day!